REPORTS TO: Directors
SUPERVISES: Cleaning Technicians, Supervisors, and Special Projects
The projects Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all assessments and monitoring the projects assessed or initiated to ensure they are executed professionally and efficiently. The said employee will be responsible for leading teams on building maintenance-related work activities and providing feedback to the directors to ensure Lewis Industries’ service is satisfactory and are exceeding client expectations.
The Project Coordinator is expected to work with all location supervisors, cleaning technicians, and administrative support staff by the scope of work to establish procedures and quality standards for all jobs executed by Lewis Industries. This individual is also expected to provide troubleshooting solutions whenever applicable.
The primary responsibilities of the projects coordinator include:
- Day-to-day coordination of building and floor care maintenance services and projects such as post-construction, routine, and scheduled cleaning or restoration services.
- Ensure efficient management and execution of all approved assessments and projects
- Ensure assessment requests of all customers are fulfilled with a scope of work
- Plan, conduct, and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products with supervisors and cleaning technicians to ensure finished product quality
- Ensure efficient inspection of all jobs completed and seek advice from Managing Director when challenges are encountered with products during the execution of a job
- Develop functional relationships with all cleaning technicians, supervisors, and administrative support personnel
- Provide on the job training, mentorship, and motivation to all cleaning technicians and supervisors to ensure efficient and quality service and proper use of tools and equipment during job execution
- Coordinate with all location supervisors and managers on matters relating to the procurement of materials and equipment for fulfillment of the company’s work
Liaise with maintenance coordinator to ensure all equipment and tools are in working condition for the fulfillment of jobs
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proven technical ability and basic knowledge of the use of all equipment, tools, protective clothing, cleaning solutions, and compounds required for the fulfillment of requests for generals, post-construction cleaning, deep cleaning, and related cleaning services
- Proficiency in computer applications to monitor and maintain inventory procedures and reports e.g. Microsoft office, specifically excel and word.
- Ability to oversee and supervise technical staff
- Ability to manage and schedule a project, one-time jobs, and scheduled generals
- Assisting with preparation of assessment proposals
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Must be intrinsically motivated, adaptable to changing priorities, and maintain a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and assist in maintaining a positive atmosphere between teams
- Technical ability and basic knowledge of assembling equipment and tools
- Acute attention to detail, and ability to analyze and solve problems creatively and independently
- Ability to thrive in a deadline drove environment and handle different tasks in an organized and efficient manner
- Act as a catalyst for change and ensure ongoing compliance with quality
- Formulating methods that will improve productivity within limited costs
- Overall responsibility for all technical staff
- A degree, diploma, work experience, or equivalent in business studies, project management, or building services.
- Should be over 25 years and possess a valid driver’s license for more than two years, because driving the company’s vehicle is a requirement for the job duties
- A responsible individual with a customer-focused attitude and cost control-oriented
- Have an eye for detail
- Expected to work extended hours as per constructs of the job
- Desire to improve processes, procedures, and personal performance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.